Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 22, 2018

CN&W/Omaha Road PS-1 boxcar

Here we have a CN&W/Omaha Road PS-1 boxcar that was made from an older Athearn Kit found at a local model train show.  This boxcar was made from several photographs I have discovered over the years.  The Omaha Road (CMO) was a long time subsidiary of the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad.  They had several boxcars and other freight cars lettered for the Omaha Road.  Since I have been modeling the C&NW, I chose to have some Omaha Road (CMO) freight cars on my layout.  This boxcar has details such as air hoses, cut levers, and complete brake system.  I used several detail parts from Selley Custom Finishes,  Keil-Line, Walthers, and Scale City Designs. The trucks are Pecos Valley Brass and the car is to operate on my 3-rail Proto Hi-Rail layout.  Thanks for following our blog and hope you like the car.  
Have a Merry Christmas.  
Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment