Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 2, 2018

C&NW wood refrigerator car

Here we have a C&NW wood refrigerator car from the late1950's.  These early wood reefers lasted well into the late 1960"s and 1970's handling everything from cheese to fruits to potatoes.  This started as part of an All-Nations kit that was missing several parts.  I added the missing parts and then added the details I wanted for the car, such as air hoses, cut levers, and complete AB brake system.  I had my son Pete do the weathering so it would look appropriate for the late 1950's period I am modeling.   I have made several wood reefers over the years and remember seeing several that were used to handle cheese shipments from the many cheese houses around Green Bay and surrounding communities.  Having grown up in Wisconsin, I am a dedicated cheese consumer even in my old age!!  Anyway, back to the car!  This reefer will operate on my Proto Hi-Rail layout. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a Happy Holiday Season. 
Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment