Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 17, 2018

Rock Island 50 foot double door boxcar

This week we have a model of a 50 foot double door boxcar from the Rock Island.  This is a former Athearn boxcar that was found in a box of trains I purchased a few year ago.  I found I had some Rock Island decals laying in my project drawer and a 50 foot boxcar which I did not have any plans for it.  After doing some research about the Rock Island, I found they had a few of these early 50 foot PS-1 cars.  I made the decision to make it one of the upgraded cars from the late 1950's and give it a load of Celotex panels coming from the Upper Peninsula.  The car underwent the usual "Thayer" treatment and was given Scalecoat Boxcar Red and the decals were Champion.  There is complete underframe detail long with cut levers and air hoses.  I used Selley custom Finishes, Scale City Design, and Walthers parts to complete this model.  Thanks for visiting our blog and hope you like the models. 
Bill 




No comments:

Post a Comment