Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Louisville and Nashville O scale boxcar kit

Here we have another O scale boxcar kit the has been upgraded with new paint and decals representing one of my favorite railroad - the Louisville and Nashville.  My folks moved to Louisville in 1963 and we lived near the Crescent Hill grade coming out of Louisville on the East Side. I often heard the L&N trains coming up the grade in the evening hours from my bedroom window.  In later years I would go to South Louisville and watch trains switch the old Strawberry yard as well as the new Strawberry yard, which today is known as Osborn yard.  Many fond memories I have made over the years with the L&N.  Anyway on to the boxcar!  This boxcar was given the "Thayer" treatment by having the sides stripped of the old paint and lettering and then a new coat of Floquil Boxcar Red was applied and then the lettering is from Champion.  I added details to the car to include cut levers, air hoses, and a comlete brake system.  This car is another one for my 3 rail Proto Hi-Rail layout.  Hope you like it.  Thanks Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment