Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Pennsylvania X-33 Automobile Boxcar

Here we have a scratchbuilt Pennsylvania X-33 Automobile Boxcar in its as delivered paint scheme.  This car was built using parts from an old Crestline/Walthers boxcar kit the had been scavenged for parts.  I found this in a box of trains a bought and decided I could do the sides and underframe through scratchbuilding.  I found several great photographs of these cars and used them for my guide in building and lettering them.
The car has Kadee couplers, and Cal-scale, Keil-Line, Selley Custom Finishes, and Walthers ends and other parts to complete the car.  The underframe has a complete brake piping system along with the linkage.  The paint is Floquil and the decals are Champion.  I used a marking wheel on poster board to make the rivets for the sides.  The round roof was in the box of trains and I cut it to the proper length for this car as I did the underframe piece. I had a lot of fun with building this car and it was built to operate on my 2-rail layout.  Hope you like this one too.





No comments:

Post a Comment