Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Check out my Caboose!


Here we have a Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis, and Omaha (Omaha Road) caboose. This car is a scratch built caboose I made using some dimensional information as well as photographs of several of the CMO cabooses found in many of my C&NW books.

The caboose has a complete interior based on Photos of similar cabooses on the C&NW.  I had a Walthers caboose frame and several detail parts that I collected to do this caboose from Walthers, Selley Custom Finishes,Cal-Scale, and Scale City Design.  There is a complete brake system on the underframe as well as air hoses, cutlevers, ladders, and brakewheels.  The paint is Floquil Caboose Redand the Decals here are made from Champion decalsI had in my inventory.  I used several photographs of these CMO cabooses to get the proper yellow paint applied.  This car will operate on my 3 rail layout.  I hope you like this caboose and we have more blogpics to come soon.  

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment