Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Chicago & Northwestern Passenger

Here we have a nice model of a Chicago and Northwestern "400" coach in Armour yellow for its assignment to the City of Portland streamliner.  C&NW assigned 8 coaches to City of Portland service.  In later years after November 1955 these coaches were often found in service on "400" trains throughout the C&NW system.  I purchased this kit at the St. Patrick's Day train show in Chicago a few years ago and finally decided to complete the car for my fantasy "400" train on my 3 rail layout.  I have used Keil-Line, Selley Custom Finishes, Scale City Design, and Walthers parts to complete the car along with several fabricated items I have made.  I used blueprints and photographs of these City of Portland cars to complete the interiors and the exterior paint schemes.  The blueprints helped with the interior layout, especially with the smoking lounges, which were made into regular lounges when in City of Portland service.  The paint is Scalecoat and Floquil with Champion and Microscale decals to complete the exterior.  Trucks are All-Nation with Hi-Rail wheel sets.  Hope you like the car and thanks for visiting my blog today.  Bill






No comments:

Post a Comment