Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Engines (Second from the First)

I was in need of additional pulling power on the 2-rail portion of my layout and decided this old Kemtron Geep would do perfectly.  It required a bit of TLC work as well as being repainted in Milwaukee Road colors and adding those details specific to the Milwaukee Road's Geeps.  Details such as chains and walkways were added along with numberboards found on Milwaukee's Geeps after the 1959 renumberings.  I also rebuilt and rewired the motor as well as oiling around on the drive.  The engine had not been used for some time and it took a little effort to clean wheels, and repair the brushes before it would run.  Once done it ran beautifully.  My goal was to make it look like it had just returned to service after renumbering and getting a new coat of paint.  All of the MU hoses were added as well as new Cal-Scale air hoses. This Unit I picked up while I was at the Indianapolis, Indiana O Scale train Show in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment