Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Green Bay and Western PS-1 Boxcar

Here we have another prototype model from my layout that I built a couple of years ago.  In 1959, the Green Bay and Western upgraded 25 of their PS-1 boxcars to use to transport Auto parts to the Ford assembly plant in St. Paul, MN.  The GB&W along with the Ann Arbor set aside these cars to transport parts as a premium service.  I found some pictures of these cars and made the decision that one would fit my fantasy layout plans.  This car is another All-Nation boxcar kit I had in my project cabinet and I decided to build it for this model.  Using the photos I had I added the necessary details to the car such as cut levers, air hoses, and a complete brake system.  I found the correct red paint and decals are Champion along with some Microscale decals.  The white circles along with underframe was an early form of road crossing safety markings, which were beginning to be found on many railroads during the late 1950's and 1960's.  They were made using a small wood toothpick dipped in white paint with a gentle touch to the side of the car to avoid smearing.  I hope you enjoy this car as much as I did making it.  Thanks.  Bill




No comments:

Post a Comment