Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Morrell Meat Reefers

Here we have a nice wooden meat reefer with Morrell markings.  I had some Morrell Decals and found a picture of an early Morrell Meat reefer and thought this would be a great model to build.  The car started as a early Walthers wooden reefer kit to which I added several detail items such as cut levers, air hoses, brake detail.  The kit came with a K type brake system and I converted it to a AB system using the photographs I was able to find of these early Morrell cars.  The trucks are Auel Andrews trucks with the early ribbed wheels.  I had a lot of fun building this car and used information I was able to find on the paint scheme commonly found on Morrel; reefers during the late 1950's.  I hope you find this car to your liking.  I certainly enjoyed building it and it will run on my Proto Hi-Rail layout. 

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment