Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Time to play catch up

Wow, February was the last time I posted.

HOLY COW!!!!!


I am so sorry that this has taken forever, some amazing things happened. I have been churning out a large collection of freight cars and other projects. I also had an amazing chance to go to the St. Louis Railroad Prototype Modelers show. I have had a very busy few months so let me start to make things better by showing you some of the cars that I have built and were able to show at the St. Louis RPM.
This C&NW 50 foot single door boxcar was scratch built from some metal sides I had found in a box of parts and cars bought several years ago.  The remainder of the car was salvaged from various boxcar components that I had accumulated over the years.  It rides on Pecos Valley Brass 2-rail trucks and contains Walthers, Selley custom Finishes, Cal-Scale, Plastruct, and  All-Nation parts.  The car is lettered in the as delivered paint scheme for these cars that were assigned to freight service.  Several of these cars were also assigned to express service when delivered in the early 1940's.
This Milwaukee Road diesel fuel tank car is scratch built from parts of a Walthers tank portion and a Thomas brass tank car frame.  It includes parts from Cal-Scale, Selley Custom Finishes, and Plastruct.   It rides on Auel Bettendorf sprung trucks and will be used on my Proto Hi-Rail layout.  The Milwaukee Road used several of these diesel fuel tank cars in outlying terminals to save costs on building large, expensive fuel tanks in smaller terminals were only 2-4 engines were being fueled during a 1 week period. 

There you go everyone, and trust me all my recent builds will make it to the blog as soon as I am able to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment